Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Immediate Relative Immigrant Visa (I-130) Petitions

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visa

Effective Aug. 15, 2011, petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices will be able to file a Petition for an Alien Relative (Form I-130), with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility.

To enable a smooth transition, petitioners should continue to file at their local U.S. embassy or consulate through Aug. 14, 2011. Beginning Aug. 15, petitioners residing abroad must file according to the new instructions.

For additional information, please visit the USCIS website.

All U.S. lawful permanent residents ("green card" holders), and American Citizens residing in the United States or with a permanent address in the United States, need to file I-130 petitions at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence as indicated on the USCIS website.

Note: There is no USCIS office at the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT).