Policy & Documents
Key U.S. Foreign Policy Documents for the Region
U.S. Fundamental Documents
- The Declaration of Independence
- U.S. Constitution
- The Bill of Rights
- The Federalist Papers
- Documents from the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention, 1774-1789
- Guide to American Historical Documents Online
- Charters of Freedom from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
U.S. Government Documents related to Taiwan
- State Department Annual Reports
- Foreign Relations of the United States Series (Dept. of State)
- Background Notes: Taiwan (Dept. of State)
- USTR Reports and Publications
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative produces reports throughout the year. Annual Reports include the FOIA report, the National Trade Estimate report, the Special 301 report, the Trade Policy Agenda and Annual Report, and the Section 1377 Review of Telecommunications Trade Agreements.
Selected U.S. Government Websites and Resources
The U.S. government's official web portal, USA.gov makes it easy for the public to get U.S. government information and services on the web.
- Washington File: News from Washington (1999-2011 Archive)
An archived daily collection of the U.S. policy issues regarding the East Asia-Pacific region organized by theme, e.g., Regional Security, Economics and Trade, State Department Briefing, and White House Briefing from 1999 to 2011.
Research Information Services
Our reference librarians can assist you in responding to your inquiries about the U.S.
To view PDF format documents, you can use the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link.