2008 American Performing Arts Academy Auditions on June 1, 2008
PR0833E | Date: 2008-05-22
The American Institute in Taiwan, Taiwan Municipal University of Education (TMUE) and American Voices, a non-profit organization based in Houston, Texas, are pleased to announce the first round of live auditions for the 2008 American Performing Arts Academy (APAA), which will be held on the TMUE campus, Department of Music, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sunday, June 1, 2008. For more information about APAA and the audition requirements please visit:
- English: http://apaa.tmue.edu.tw/EnglishFrameset.html or
- Chinese: http://apaa.tmue.edu.tw/C_Frameset.html
The APAA academy features three training programs for musicians, actors and dancers in Taiwan:
- Hip Hop Dance: Aug. 10 - 15 (two levels, beginner and advanced)
- American Piano Academy: Aug. 10 - 15 (intermediate and advanced levels only)
- Broadway and Musical Theater: Aug. 16 - 23 (all levels)
After their training, participants will stage public performances on August 15 and 23.
Mr. John Ferguson, Executive Director of American Voices, will be in Taiwan from June 1 to 8 and is available for media interviews. To schedule an interview, please contact APAA at Tel: 02-2311-3040 ext. 6131, 6132, or E-mail: APAA2008@gmail.com .
More information on APAA may be found on
More information on American Voices may be found on www.americanvoices.org.