AIT Ato to Hold Organic Product Seminar/ Showcase
1. Ms. Janise Zygmont, Marketing Specialist for Organic Food Products from the Foreign Agricultural Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
2. Dr. Yu-Tsai Huang, Director of the Food and Agriculture Department, Council of Agriculture.
3. Ms. Hsieh Yu-liu, General Manager of the Organic World Company, representing the Taiwan import/distribution and retail industry.
The activity on May 26 will consist of a seminar on the U.S. organic industry and a small showcase of representative organic food, beverage and personal use products. During her stay in Taiwan Ms. Zygmont will also be meeting with Taiwan agricultural authorities responsible for implementing Taiwan's organic certification and standardization requirements, which are currently in the midst of a trial program. She will also visit industry representatives and retail establishments.
AIT has two primary objectives in organizing this Organic Seminar and Product Showcase:
1. Present a definition of organic products proposed by the U.S. National Organic Standards Board and create better awareness among the Taiwan food industry and consumers regarding organic production, products, certification, standards and the need for standardized regulation of the organic industry on Taiwan;
2. Introduce the U.S. organic industry and certification programs; describe and showcase a sample of the great variety of organic food, beverage and personal use products available for export from the United States.
For further information on the U.S. Organic Product Seminar and Showcase, please contact Welly Liu at AIT's Agricultural Trade Office, Tel: 2337-6525 ext. 286; or visit our Website: http://ait.org.tw/ait/AGRI/ato.htm.