Visa Wait Times
Visa Wait Times
- Click here for information regarding average appointment waiting times for nonimmigrant visas. This refers to the number of calendar days required to obtain an interview appointment.
- Click here for average visa processing times. This refers to the number of working days required to process a nonimmigrant visa after a Consular Officer decides to issue the visa. Processing wait time DOES NOT include the time required for administrative processing or the time required to return the passport to applicants by courier services.
- Courier service delivery time: Passports will be returned to applicants/recipients via courier service within two working days once the courier company receives the passports from AIT.
- All applicants should be aware that the times given above are AVERAGES and that processing times for any particular cases can vary according to individual circumstances and any other special requirements. Applicants are strongly recommended to schedule appointments in advance of their planned travel dates to be reasonably sure of obtaining a visa in time.
- Due to new biometric requirements for all visa applicants worldwide, applications must undergo additional computer processing in the US. Although this new process does not significantly increase average visa production time, individual applications may be occasionally delayed. AIT is unable to take action to expedite applications during this process. We must wait for the results in our computer system before a visa can be printed. This may delay emergency travelers and those on short timelines. Please plan accordingly.
- In some cases - for example, applicants with technical and scientific backgrounds, students and scholars in scientific fields, or applicants who are not from Taiwan - additional administrative processing is required. See the administrative processing website for more details.