Jobs at AIT
The American Institute in Taiwan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The American Institute in Taiwan Taipei Office is seeking an individual for employment as Information Resource Assistant in the Information Resource Center (IRC) of the Public Diplomacy Section. The deadline for applying for this position is August 31, 2015.
Tips for Preparing AIT Job Applications
A. Cover Letter
- Indicate the position for which you are applying and why you should be selected.
- List any essays, certificates, awards that address the qualification requirements of the position
- If you have travel plans in the near future, to help us schedule interview for you, please let us know the periods of time when you are away from Taiwan.
- Read instruction carefully before filling out the form. Make sure you complete all questions. Put "N/A" to the questions that do not apply to you.
- Please put your Taiwan ID number (身分證字號) in the item for Country Identification Number.
- Provide all work experience information. Please do not just put your last 2 jobs. Application with Insufficient information may not be considered for interview.
- If you chose to provide a current resume or curriculum vitae rather than a DS-174, please make sure it contains the same information fund on the DS-174 form. Again, resume with insufficient information may not be considered for interview.
- Please do not send us your autobiography.
D. TOEIC Official Score Report
- For positions classified at the FN-4 grade level and below, TOEIC scores are optional. For positions classified at the FN-5 grade level and above, TOEIC scores are required. Applications without TOEIC scores will not be considered.
Effective May 1, 2015, all job candidates – Taiwan citizens, Third Country Nationals, and non-native English Speaking American citizens – who apply for jobs at AIT are required to include a copy of their official listening and reading scores of the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) together with their application. [Details]