2024 TechGirls Exchange Program
The American Institute in Taiwan and the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) are pleased to announce the 2024 TechGirls program. TechGirls is an international summer exchange program designed to empower and inspire young women from around the world to pursue education and careers in science and technology.
This year, the 24-day program will take place starting in July 2024, and includes an interactive technology and computer camp at Virginia Tech, followed by community and career exploration in several U.S. cities (Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, or Seattle), alongside a 7-month mentoring program in Taiwan both before and after the exchange. After the exchange program, the TechGirls return home to educate their peers and conduct community-based projects.
If you are a girl in Taiwan who will be between the ages of 15 and 17 years old at the start of the exchange program (July 13, 2024), and are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, please submit your application to take advantage of this unique opportunity to travel to the United States to develop valuable STEM skills, interact with industry-leading mentors and trainers, and to meet fellow TechGirls from around the world.
Application Webpage: Please follow this link: Eligibility and Application – TechGirls (techgirlsglobal.org) and submit your application in English.
Application Deadline: December 8, 2023 (12:00 PM noon Eastern Time)
- Will be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange program on July 13, 2024 (Born on or between July 13, 2006 and July 13, 2009);
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math (STEM) in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM; especially technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return home;
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home;
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visas).
- Eligible candidates must be Taiwanese citizens and current residents.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
- TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.