“USCIS Announces New Filing Location for Submitting Form I-407”

Beginning July 1, 2019, USCIS will no longer accept Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, at international field offices by mail or in person. If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and relinquish your I-551 Permanent Resident Card (“Green card”), you should file Form I-407 by mail directly to the USCIS Eastern Forms Center. Individuals may also submit Form I-407 to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer at a U.S. port of entry.

(Posted on 2019/06/28, IV)