June 13, 2018
AIT Press Release #: PR-1815
The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT), together with our event partner Far Eastern Department Stores, Ltd., is pleased to announce the launch of “America Weeks.” This event will be held at New Taipei Banqiao Mega City and Taichung Top City from June 14 to June 26, 2018. In addition, an “American Food Festival” will be held from July 3 to July 18, 2018 by CitySuper at its seven stores island-wide.
This year “America Weeks” will feature products related to American lifestyle, restaurant chains, culture, food and beverage, travel and tourism, entertainment, and other consumer goods. In total, more than 100 American brands will participate in America Weeks. These brands include everything from daily necessities, high-quality food and beverage products, coffee products, snacks and drinks, casual apparel, sporting goods, electronics, personal care products, toys, books, and small household appliances. Participating U.S. brands include Indian Motorcycle, Krispy Kreme, See’s Candies, Scholastic Klutz, Hoover, Kenmore, GE appliances, Lee, A&F, Converse, MLB, New Balance, Marvel, Kizandy, Columbia, Hill’s, O’Natural, and featured Californian wines all waiting for you to explore!
“America Weeks” special activities include:
- Indian Motorcycle Exhibition and Seminar: Indian Motorcycle is a classic American motorcycle brand established in 1901. Their motorcycles will be exhibited on the 1st floor of Banqiao Mega City from June 14 to June 17. Indian Motorcycle will hold three seminars to talk about motorcycle knowledge and safety and will also be giving out prizes from June 16 to June 17.
- Dr. Dog Booth: Guests are invited to take pictures with pets on the 1st floor of Banqiao Mega City on June 15. Hill’s will donate 1 kilogram of their nutritional pet food. Guests can also purchase Hill’s pet food for charity on the 7th floor of Banqiao Mega City from June 14 to June 26.
- Scholastic KLUTZ Class: From June 14 to June 26, kids learn about American life and culture through hands-on activities and classes.
- Brand USA Information Center: U.S. travel and tourism materials will be offered at the Brand USA booth located on the 7th floor of Banqiao Mega City.
- Marvel Exhibition: Marvel will exhibit 1-to-1 models of Thor & the Hulk on the 7th floor of Banqiao Mega City.
- MLB Broadcasting and Collection Exhibition: Sport fans can experience the features of American baseball and browse baseball memorabilia on the 9th floor of Banqiao Mega City from June 14 to June 26.
- United Airlines will be giving away three round-trip airline tickets from Taiwan to the United States.
- CitySuper will introduce approximately 100 new-to-market food and beverage products to consumers at its seven stores throughout Taiwan during the “American Food Festival” promotion to be held from July 3 to July 18.
For more details on “America Weeks” and activities, please visit the following websites:
Far Eastern Department Stores: https://www.feds.com.tw/tw/54/Event/Detail/1838
AIT invites members of the media and general public to join “America Weeks” opening ceremonies in
Taipei: On June 15, 2018 at 2:00 p.m., Main Square, 1st floor of Taipei Banqiao Mega City.
For additional information on America Weeks, please contact: