PR-1053E | Date: 8/26/2010
The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) Kaohsiung Branch Office, in conjunction with the National Pingtung Institute of Commerce and corporate sponsor Kaohsiung Computer Association, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2010 English Business Writing Contest:
- Liu, Wei Qi, National Sun Yat-Sen University
- Lu, Shu Bing, National Cheng Kung University
- Zhao, Pei Hua, National Pingtung Institute of Commerce
- Wang, Wen Fang, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences
- Liu, Shi Wei, Fortune Institute of Technology
This year, student contestants submitted essays describing “Prospects Related to the Global Economic Recovery and the Kaohsiung City/County Merger.” The essays covered a range of topics, including how the city/counter merger can promote economic growth in southern Taiwan, the importance of tourism, increased access to public transportation across greater Kaohsiung, and increasing the use of “greener” initiatives throughout southern Taiwan.
All media representatives are invited to join AIT Kaohsiung Branch Chief Christian M. Castro, AIT Commercial Chief Helen Hwang, and university representatives at the award ceremony scheduled for:
- Date: Friday, September 3
- Time: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m
- Location: Ching Fu Group Headquarters in Kaohsiung City (No. 1, Fusing 4th Road, Cianjhen District, Kaohsiung).
For further media information, please contact: Beatrice Lin, Tel: (07) 238-7744 ext. 625