PR-0934E | The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) Kaohsiung Branch Office is pleased to announce the winners of the 2009 English Business Writing Contest:
- Fang, Hao National Sun Yat-sen University
- Shen, Shih-yu National Sun Yat-sen University
- Chang, Wan-rung National Pingtung Institute of Commerce
- Liao, Jian-cheng National Kaohsiung Normal University
- Huang, Yun-hsuan National University of Kaohsiung
- Chen, Yi-liang National Cheng Kung University
This year, a record number of students submitted essays describing “Prospects for Overcoming the Global Financial Crisis,” with particular mention of how U.S. and Taiwan businesses should cooperate to help alleviate the crisis. The essays covered a range of topics, including reform of international financial institutions, protection of intellectual property rights, leveraging electronic commerce, localization of products and services, and increasing imports of American agricultural products in Taiwan.
All media representatives are invited to join AIT Acting Director Robert S. Wang, AIT Kaohsiung Branch Chief Christian M. Castro, AIT Commercial Chief Gregory M. Wong, and university presidents and officials at the award ceremony scheduled for Friday, July 17, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. at the Ching Fu Group Headquarters in Kaohsiung City (No. 1, Fusing 4th Road, Cianjhen District, Kaohsiung.) Light refreshments will follow the ceremony.
Media Contact: Beatrice Lin, Tel: (07) 238-7744 ext. 625