The American Institute in Taiwan will celebrate International Education Week (IEW) from November 14 to 18, 2016. IEW is an annual, joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education that promotes the benefits of international education and exchange programs worldwide. This year’s theme is “Empowering Youth through International Education.” Taiwan remains one of the top ten senders of international students to the United States. AIT is delighted to welcome Taiwan students to study in the United States.
During Education Week, AIT will host and participate in many education-related events. AIT provides accurate and comprehensive information on studying in the United States for FREE to Taiwan students via our EducationUSA program. The Taiwan EducationUSA advising center (www.educationusa.tw) is located at the Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (www.fulbright.org.tw). The EducationUSA Advising Center, American Spaces in Taipei, Taichung, Yilan, and Kaohsiung and the American Innovation Center in Taipei will showcase EducationUSA as part of International Education Week and will have free materials available for interested students. AIT’s social media platforms will have special IEW content. AIT Officers and EducationUSA advisers will conduct outreach at select university campuses in Taiwan to talk directly with students.
Please visit AIT’s IEW page for the full schedule of events and program details:
2016 AIT International Education Week Events
• AIT Video Series: In this video series, titled “My U.S. Experience,” Taiwan students and graduates of U.S. higher education institutions describe their study abroad experiences and share their personal stories. AIT Director Moy and AIT Deputy Director Forden will launch this series. Watch videos on AIT’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AIT.Social.Media
• Study Abroad Fair: EducationUSA will participate in National Taiwan University’s Annual Study Abroad Fair on November 15. We welcome students and parents to visit the EducationUSA booth to receive more information about studying in the United States or ask questions about U.S. higher education.
• English and Culture Presentation: AIT will conduct outreach on English language teaching and learning and on American Culture during IEW. For students who are studying in Chung-li area, please join us at National Central University from 9:00 – 10:00 am on November 15. Register here: https://www.sojump.hk/jq/9421564.aspx
• Virtual Study Abroad Fair: The EducationUSA Virtual College Fair will be held from 5pm on November 16th to 5am on November 17th Taiwan time. Please register at https://www.collegeweeklive.com/international/event-schedule/international-students-day-november.
• EducationUSA Presentations: These free presentations will be held at the EducationUSA Advising Center in Taipei on 11/16 from 18:00-19:30. Topics include: Student Loans and Scholarships to Study in the United States and The Skills Gap: How U.S. Universities Can Better Prepare Students for the 21st Century. Advance registration is required http://www.educationusa.tw
• AIT Webchat: On November 17, AIT will host a special International Education Week Facebook webchat with AIT officers to answer students questions about study in the United States, U.S. higher education, campus life, and student visas. You can join us live at 3:00 pm on November 17 on AIT Facebook or you can send your questions in advance to: Education-AIT@state.gov and we’ll answer them on November 17:https://www.facebook.com/AIT.Social.Media
• Study in the U.S. Workshop: On November 17, AIT will host a workshop at National Chung Cheng University in Chia-Yi on studying in the United States from 12:30-14:00. Students who are interested in studying abroad, please register at http://cls.ccu.edu.tw/contents/1051_lectures.php
• Advising and Outreach in Kaohsiung: During IEW, Education USA will conduct one-on-one advising sessions and a public presentation in Kaohsiung. We encourage students who are working on the application process to sign up for these opportunities.
November 18, 12:30-14:00: One-on-One Advising, National Sun Yat-sen University
November 18, 15:30-17:30: One-on-One Advising, Kaohsiung American Corner
November 19, 10:00-12:00: General Review of U.S. College Application Documents, Kaohsiung American Corner