The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) will celebrate International Education Week (IEW) from November 13th to 17th, 2017. IEW is an initiative of the U.S. Departments of State and Education that promotes the benefits of international education and exchange programs worldwide. During IEW, AIT will host and participate in many education-related events.
AIT is delighted that Taiwan is one of the top ten sources of international students in the United States and looks forward to continuing to help prospective Taiwan students through our EducationUSA program. EducationUSA provides accurate and comprehensive information on studying in the United States FREE to Taiwan students. The Taiwan EducationUSA Advising Center (www.educationusa.tw) is located at the Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (www.fulbright.org.tw).
The EducationUSA Advising Center, American Spaces in Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung, and the American Innovation Center in Taipei will showcase EducationUSA as part of IEW and will have free materials available for interested students. AIT’s social media platforms will also have special IEW content.
2017 AIT International Education Week Events
- “My U.S. Experience” Student Profile Series: AIT Director Kin Moy and Fulbright Executive Director Dr. William Vocke will launch this Facebook student profile series with special video messages on November 11th. This series will provide real stories from real students from Taiwan who have used EducationUSA to study in the United States. Please visit AIT’s Facebook page for additional information: https://www.facebook.com/AIT.Social.Media
- NTU Study Abroad Fair: EducationUSA will participate in National Taiwan University’s Annual Study Abroad Fair on November 11th, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We welcome students and parents to visit the EducationUSA booth to receive more information about studying in the United States. For more addition details, please visit the following National Taiwan University webpage: http://www.oia.ntu.edu.tw/ch/ntu_student/studyabroadfair/studyabroadfair
- IEW Presentations: AIT officers will discuss U.S. higher education student audiences, including an open presentation at the Taipei American Corner on November 13th from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Advance registration using the EducationUSA website is required. Please register at http://www.educationusa.tw.
- Virtual Study Abroad Fair: The EducationUSA Virtual College Fair will be held from 5:00 p.m. on November 15th to 5:00 a.m. on November 16th (Taiwan time). Please register at collegeweeklive.com.
- Advising and Outreach: During IEW, the EducationUSA Advising Center will host a public event on U.S. scholarships and financial aid on November 16th, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This event will also be broadcast live to the Taichung American Corner. Advance registration is required. Please register using the EducationUSA website: http://www.educationusa.tw/dispPageBox/CtUstudy.aspx?ddsPageID=USTUDYABA&