November 9, 2018
AIT Press Release #: PR-1842
The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) will celebrate International Education Week (IEW) from November 12th to 16th, 2018. IEW is an initiative of the U.S. Departments of State and Education that promotes the benefits of international education and exchange programs worldwide. During IEW, AIT will host and participate in many education-related events. AIT’s social media platforms will also have special IEW content.
Taiwan is one of the top sources of international students in the United States, and AIT looks forward to continuing to help prospective Taiwan students through our EducationUSA program. EducationUSA provides accurate and comprehensive information on studying in the United States to Taiwan students at no charge. The Taiwan EducationUSA Advising Center (www.educationusa.tw) is located at the Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (www.fulbright.org.tw).
2018 AIT International Education Week Events
- “My U.S. Experience” Student Profile Series: AIT Director Brent Christensen will launch a new AIT Facebook student profile series with a special video message on November 11th. This series will feature alumni from AIT’s local intern program and the AIT Youth Camp who have studied in the United States. Please visit AIT’s Facebook page for additional information: https://www.facebook.com/AIT.Social.Media
- EducationUSA Participation at Study Abroad Fairs: EducationUSA will host booths at National Taiwan University’s Annual Study Abroad Fair on November 11th, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 m. and National Pingtung University of Science and Technology’s Study Abroad Fair on November 12th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. We welcome students and parents to visit the EducationUSA booths to receive more information about studying in the United States. For additional details, please visit the following webpages:
National Taiwan University webpage:
National Ping Tung University of Science and Technology webpage:
- Virtual Study Abroad Fair: The EducationUSA Virtual College Fair will be held from 4 p.m. on November 14th to 4 a.m. on November 15th (Taiwan time). Please register at collegeweeklive.com.
- Webinar with U.S. High Students in Taiwan and Korea: Each year, the U.S. State Department’s National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) sends U.S. high school students to Taiwan to learn Chinese. On Wednesday, November 14th, at 10:00 pm Taiwan Time, U.S. students from the Taiwan and Korea programs will discuss their study abroad experiences and what it means to be a citizen ambassador. To listen to the discussion, please register here: http://bit.ly/citizenambassador.
- International Education Advising and Outreach: During IEW, AIT officers and the EducationUSA advisers will travel island-wide to discuss international education with Taiwan students. The EducationUSA Advising Center will also host three public events for Taiwan students on U.S. higher education. Advance registration is required. Please register using the EducationUSA website: http://www.educationusa.tw/dispPageBox/UStudyHP.aspx?ddsPageID=USTUDYHP