COVID-Related Prevention Measures
- Taiwan has implemented temporary measures to counter the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. In accordance with Taiwan regulations, any individual who is subject to quarantine will not be allowed to enter AIT. Please schedule appointments accordingly.
- Please also reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Important Notice When Entering China Steel Corporation (CSC) Building
Please note that our office is located on the 5th Floor of the China Steel Building. You are not allowed to access other floors during your visit. Applicants who attempt to access any other floors may be asked to leave the building.
Please arrive for sign-in no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time. If you will be more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, please reschedule your visit online. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Security Procedures at AIT Kaohsiung
All services at AIT Taipei and AIT Kaohsiung are by appointment only. Please note that the American Institute in Taiwan is a U.S. government facility with strict security procedures about who may enter and what they may bring with them.
In accordance with new security regulations, the following items are prohibited inside the American Institute in Taiwan:
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Laptops or larger electrical/electronic devices
- Cameras or video recorders
- Remote controls
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Any bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather bags, cloth bags, or shoulder bags larger than 18″x14″x8″
- Food items including bottled water (*baby formula/food may be excepted)
- Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes), cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sealed packages
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
The American Institute in Taiwan cannot store prohibited items for you. You will not be allowed to enter AIT with prohibited items. All visitors must make other arrangements to store prohibited items before entering AIT. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in significant delays or cancellation of your appointment.
Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) are not allowed inside the Consular waiting room. PEDs include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile phones
- Portable music players
- Smart watches and other electronic fitness devices
- Hand held video game players
- USB drives
- Audio/video cassettes and CDs
- Headphones or other listening devices (*hearing aides are permitted)
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the American Institute in Taiwan. Access to the Consular Section waiting area is limited to the following:
- Parents or legal guardians of applicants under 18 years old
- Aides of disabled applicants
Fee: No fee required
Distance: 450m from AIT Kaohsiung
Fee: No fee required
Distance: 550m from AIT Kaohsiung
Size: Small-37X37X58 cm; Large-37X37X89 cm
Fee: NT$10 per use
Payment method: Cash only
Distance: 210m from AIT Kaohsiung