COVID-Related Prevention Measures
- Please note: All visitors over the age of two years old are required to wear a mask while in the American Citizen Services waiting room. You will not be allowed entry without a mask. Social distancing rules apply at all times.
- Taiwan has implemented temporary measures to counter the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. In accordance with Taiwan regulations, any individual who is subject to quarantine will not be allowed to enter AIT. Please schedule appointments accordingly.
- Please also reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Mandatory Form Required When Entering China Steel Corporation (CSC) Building
Due to elevated COVID-related restrictions, applicants are now required to fill out the Certification of Vaccination in order to enter the China Steel Corporation (CSC) building. There are no exceptions to the requirement.
- Certification of Vaccination: All applicants, except for children under 16, must fill this paper form out and keep one copy during your visit. If you have not received both COVID-19 vaccinations, you will need to show proof of a negative COVID rapid test administered within the last 72 hours to enter the building.
Please note that our office is located on the 5th Floor of the China Steel Building. You are not allowed to access other floors during your visit. Applicants who attempt to access any other floors may be asked to leave the building.
Please arrive for sign-in no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time. If you will be more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, please reschedule your visit online. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Security Procedures at AIT Kaohsiung
All services at AIT Taipei and AIT Kaohsiung are by appointment only. Please note that the American Institute in Taiwan is a U.S. government facility with strict security procedures about who may enter and what they may bring with them.
In accordance with new security regulations, the following items are prohibited inside the American Institute in Taiwan:
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Laptops or larger electrical/electronic devices
- Cameras or video recorders
- Remote controls
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Any bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather bags, cloth bags, or shoulder bags larger than 18″x14″x8″
- Food items including bottled water (*baby formula/food may be excepted)
- Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes), cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sealed packages
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
The American Institute in Taiwan cannot store prohibited items for you. You will not be allowed to enter AIT with prohibited items. All visitors must make other arrangements to store prohibited items before entering AIT. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in significant delays or cancellation of your appointment.
Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) are not allowed inside the Consular waiting room. PEDs include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile phones
- Portable music players
- Smart watches and other electronic fitness devices
- Hand held video game players
- USB drives
- Audio/video cassettes and CDs
- Headphones or other listening devices (*hearing aides are permitted)
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the American Institute in Taiwan. Access to the Consular Section waiting area is limited to the following:
- Parents or legal guardians of applicants under 18 years old
- Aides of disabled applicants