There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
For further information about security in Taiwan :
- See the Department of State’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, and Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact AIT Taipei Office, located at 100 Jinhu Road, Neihu Dist., Taipei City 11461. Phone: (02)2162-2000; Fax: (02) 2162-2239.After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (02) 2162-2000. Email: TaipeiACS@state.gov
- Contact AIT Kaohsiung Office, located at No. 88, 5th floor, Chenggong 2nd Road, Qianzhen District, Kaohsiung City 80661. Phone: (07) 335-5006; Fax: (07)338-0551. Email: TaipeiACS@state.gov