PR-1115E | Date: 3/29/2011
The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) and our partners are pleased to present “American Footsteps in Taiwan, 1950-1980” tour exhibit at the National Museum of Prehistory in Taitung from April 1 to May 29, 2011.
Opening hours for the National Museum of Prehistory: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Address: No. 1 Museum Road, Taitung, Taiwan. Tel: 089-381166.
The exhibit reflects the close personal ties forged between Americans and the people of Taiwan during a turbulent historical period in the key era of 1950 to 1980. In addition to the display of a large number of vintage photographs, historic artifacts, documentaries and oral interviews, the exhibit looks back to the relationship between U.S. aid and Taiwan’s development of its economy, military forces, public health, healthcare, culture, and education.
The “American Footsteps in Taiwan” exhibit will continue to tour around Taiwan. The tour’s schedule is:
- April 1 – May 29 National Museum of Prehistory, Taitung
- June 8 – July 3 The Art Site of Railway Warehouse Hsinchu City, Hsinchu
- July 8 – Aug. 21 National Taiwan Library, New Taipei City
- Sept. 1 – Oct. 18 Taichung Municipal Office Building, Taichung City
- Nov. 9 – Dec. 31 National 228 Memorial Museum, Taipei
For more information about this exhibition, please visit AIT website: http://ait.org.tw/zh/american-footsteps-in-taiwan.html