The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) informs U.S. citizens that, due to Typhoon Chan-Hom, AIT Taipei will be closed on Friday, July 10, 2015 and will re-open on Monday, July 13, 2015. Please continue to monitor the American Institute in Taiwan’s website for updated information, including announcements of AIT closure.
We urge U.S. citizens to monitor the typhoon’s track by listening to the radio, watching television, or monitoring Taiwan’s Central Weather Bureau website (http://www.cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm) in English. International Community Radio Taipei (ICRT) provides regular weather bulletins in English on 100.7 FM in the Taipei and Kaohsiung areas and on 100.1 FM in Taichung.
Rescheduling American Citizen Services Appointments:
We encourage individuals who had American Citizen Services (Taipei office) appointments scheduled for this day to reschedule their appointments online by visiting AIT’s website.
If you had an appointment scheduled for Friday, July 10, and have proof of emergency travel, you may come to AIT during our regular business hours on the next available business day. However, delays are to be expected.
Rescheduling Immigrant Visa Appointments:
Individuals who had immigrant visa interview appointments scheduled for this day should contact AIT’s Immigrant Visa Unit via fax at 02-2162-2253 or e-mail at email@example.com to reschedule.
Rescheduling Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointments:
We encourage individuals who had nonimmigrant visa interview appointments scheduled for this day to reschedule their appointments by visiting the Application Processing Center’s web site athttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/tw/.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Taiwan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the American Institute in Taiwan, located at No. 7, Lane 134, Sec. 3, XinYi Road, Da-an District, Taipei City 10659, at +(02)2162-2000; fax(02) 2162-2239; email Amcit-AIT-T@state.gov;, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(02) 2162-2000.
- Contact the AIT Kaohsiung ffice, located at 5th Floor, No. 2, Chung Cheng 3rd Road, Xin-Xing District, Kaohsiung City 80052, at (07) 238-7744; fax (07) 236-1037; e-mail Amcit-AIT-T@state.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.