Expedited Visa Interview Requests
The American Institute in
- Emergency medical treatment, as well as persons desiring to travel in support.
- Family emergency, such as a death or critical illness of an immediate relative.
Initial students and exchange visitors (F, J, and M visa applicants) who have difficulty arriving at school before their program starts – Such applicants must be in possession of an I-20 or DS-2019 form.
Urgent business travelers with an unanticipated business need.
Holders of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card.
*Members of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Taipei. If you are a member of the AmCham, please contact the AmCham in Taipei for information about how to request an expedited appointment for your visa application. * You do not need to send us a request e-mail.
If you are traveling for one of the reasons listed above and wish to request an expedited appointment, please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail subject line should read: “Request for Expedited Appointment.” An officer will consider your request and respond as quickly as possible. Please do not resend your request. To qualify for consideration, please include in your e-mail the supporting documents as attachments. These documents may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DS-160 confirmation page
- A letter or other documentation from the U.S.-based physician, hospital, employer, or business partner.
- A letter or other documentation from the local physician, hospital, employer, or business partner.
- Additional supporting documents such as trade show registration information, work verification statements for the employees to be sent, etc.
- Form I-20 or DS-2019.
- APEC Business Travel Card.
Please note that these requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and that we cannot guarantee that your request will be approved. We recommend that you arrange an appointment through the regular procedures as soon as possible and check back with the appointment web site frequently as additional appointments sometimes become available due to cancellations made by other applicants.