AIT Non-Immigrant Visa Process Fact Sheet
BG0508E | Date: 2005-05-11
- AIT strives to give all visa applicants the best possible customer service. Several recent improvements in the non-immigrant visa application process, including the online application option, have significantly increased convenience for visa applicants.
- In order to reduce the need for visa applicants to wait outside, AIT provides all applicants with appointment times for their visa interviews.
- AIT urges all visa applicants who have appointments for visa interviews to come to AIT at the time on their entrance ticket. To avoid overcrowding and to comply with Taiwan and U.S. fire code regulations, applicants will not be let in before the time on their entrance tickets. This information is clearly noted on all of our websites and application forms.
- Under most circumstances, once applicants enter our building the visa application process takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes. The inside waiting room is fully air-conditioned with bathroom facilities and refreshments.
- AIT reminds applicants that persons under the age of 14 or aged 80 years and over do not have to appear for personal interviews. A relative or friend may drop off their applications without appointment.
- Visa section staff make all possible accommodations for the elderly, disabled, or other applicants with special needs. These applicants should make appointments for interview through the regular system. When they arrive at AIT they will be given expedited service.
- The current wait to get a visa appointment interview at AIT is less than one week, one of the shortest wait periods in the Asia-Pacific region. Last year AIT processed nearly 190,000 U.S. visa applications, and we issued over 97% of all visa requests. Passports with visas are normally returned to the traveler within two workdays.
- The summer months are the busiest time of the year for non-immigrant visa applications. AIT urges all persons planning to visit the U.S. in the near future to apply for their visas as soon as possible. Students planning to study in the U.S. may apply for visas up to 90 days ahead of their school start date.
- We continue to look for ways to further increase convenience to applicants while protecting U.S. border security, and welcome constructive suggestions. We encourage visa applicants to visit AIT's website at www.ait.org.tw. For specific information on the visa application process, please visit www.visaagent.com.tw.
- Please send your constructive suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org