April 22, 2019
AIT Press Release #: PR-1915
Representatives from 49 U.S. agribusinesses and farm organizations will join Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Administrator Ken Isley on the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) first-ever trade mission to Taipei, Taiwan, April 22-25.
This agricultural trade mission is part of the American Institute in Taiwan’s yearlong campaign to celebrate forty years of U.S.-Taiwan partnership since the Taiwan Relations Act. To highlight the multi-faceted nature of the U.S.-Taiwan friendship, each month we will focus on a specific aspect of our cooperation. April is AIT@40 Trade & Investment Month.
“Taiwan and the United States have a long-standing and favorable business relationship,” Isley said. “Taiwan is an import-dependent economy and has a real affinity for U.S. ag products because of their quality, affordability and safety. What that adds up to is excellent opportunities for American exporters.”
Participants will engage in targeted business-to-business meetings, in-depth briefings and site visits, learning about the intricacies of the Taiwan market and positioning themselves for successful business dealings.
In addition to representatives from the following companies and organizations, Isley will be joined by American Samoa Director of Agriculture Filifaatali M. Fuiava, Idaho State Department of Agriculture Director Celia Gould, and officials from the Georgia and Nebraska departments of agriculture.
- All Berry & Fruits, Portland, Ore.
- American Soybean Association, St. Louis, Mo.
- American Specialty Food Company, Houston, Texas
- Bard Valley Date Growers, Yuma, Ariz.
- Bell-Carter Foods, LLC, Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Blinking Owl Distillery, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Bridgepathway, LLC, Jericho, N.Y.
- Calway Foods, Inc., Santa Clara,
- CAS InterGlobal, Pleasanton, Calif.
- Clarkson Grain Company, Inc., Cerro Gordo, Ill.
- Cherry Marketing Institute, Dewitt, Mich.
- Citation Wine, Issaquah, Wash.
- Dan Maltby Risk Management Group, LLC, Chanhassen, Kan.
- Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, Washington, D.C.
- East-West International Group, Inc., Moreland Hills, Ohio
- Export-Now.com, Ridgefield, Wash.
- F3 Vineyards, Inc., Las Vegas,
- Flint Hills Resources, LLP, Wichita, Kan.
- Global Export Marketing Co., Ltd., New York, N.Y.
- Golden Moon Distillery, Golden, Colo.
- Hang Tung Resources (USA) Co., Ltd., Glenview, Ill.
- Hawaii Coffee Association, Kona, Hawaii
- Kauai Coffee, LLC, Kalaheo, Hawaii
- King Orchards, Central Lake, Mich.
- Kirschenman Enterprises Inc., Visalia, Calif.
- Koenig Vineyards, Caldwell, Idaho.
- La Tapatia Tortilleria, Inc., Fresno, Calif.
- Lamar Pecan Company, Hawkinsville, Ga.
- Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council, Mankato, Minn.
- Northwest Hazelnut Company, Hubbard, O
- Pacific Cheese Co., Hayward, Calif.
- PacRim Wine & Spirits., San Rafael, Calif.
- Pure Steeps Beverage, LLC, Anaheim, Calif.
- Redwood Trading Group, Los Angeles, Calif.
- A. International, Inc., Newcastle, Wash.
- Space Enterprises, LLC, (World of Chia) The Woodlands, Texas
- Sun Grape Marketing Inc., Visalia, Calif.
- United Dairy Ingredients Group. LLC, Montebello, Calif.
- United Natural Foods, Inc., Providence, R.I.
- USA Foods, San Francisco, Calif.
- USA Rice Federation, Arlington, Va.
- US Fresh Export. LLC, Rosemead, Calif.
- S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Vet + Instinct, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Western Onion Sales, Inc., Camarillo, Calif.
- Western United States Agricultural Trade Association, Vancouver, Wash.
- Whistling Andy Distilling, Bigfork, Mont.
- World Import/Export Trading Co., Belmont, Calif.
Learn more about this and other USDA trade missions by visiting https://www.fas.usda.gov/topics/trade-missions and following FAS on Twitter at @USDAForeignAg.