An official website of the United States government

Fiancé(e) Visa
April 1, 2022

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on travel.state.gov and uscis.gov.

Important Information:

The Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) has developed a pamphlet — “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa” — for visa applicants who are foreign fiancé(e)s and spouses of citizens and lawful permanent residents of the United States. The pamphlet is available on the Department of State’s website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/IMBRA.html in English and 14 other languages, including Chinese.