Event: On December 6, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will implement a one-day COVID-19 testing requirement for travelers over age two coming to the United States. Regardless of vaccination status or nationality, any individual coming to the United States must show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country, and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
These requirements are for all air passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit AIT COVID-19 webpage for updated information.
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Contact AIT Taipei Office, located at 100 Jinhu Road, Neihu Dist., Taipei City 11461. Phone: (02)2162-2000; Fax: (02) 2162-2239. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (02) 2162-2000. Email: TaipeiACS@state.gov Website
- Contact AIT Kaohsiung Office, located at No. 88, 5th floor, Chenggong 2nd Road, Qianzhen District, Kaohsiung City 80661. Phone: (07) 335-5006; Fax: (07)338-0551. Email:TaipeiACS@state.gov Website