Event: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. Where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live abroad should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.
Some direct flights between the United States and Taiwan have been cancelled. Your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.
Taiwan has barred admission to all foreign travelers except for those who hold Alien Resident Certificate (ARCs) or documents proving they are in Taiwan for diplomatic or other official purpose or to fulfill business contacts, and those who have received special permits. For the latest update on condition in Taiwan, including entry restrictions and visa policy, please monitor the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control (Taiwan CDC) website and the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bureau of Consular Affairs website .
Effective March 20, 2020, AIT Taipei has suspended routine visa services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take: Consult the CDC website for the most up-to date information. Consult the Taiwan CDC website for conditions in Taiwan.
- Visit our AIT webpageon COVID-19 for additional information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduced your risk of contracting COVID-19, please
- see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.