PR-1145E | Date: 09/09/2011
The Commercial Section of the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) is pleased to announce that more than 100 school representatives of U.S. colleges, universities and boarding schools will be in Taiwan this fall to introduce their educational institutions to Taiwan students and parents.
Why study in the United States? The United States has more than 4,000 colleges and universities, any of which can offer Taiwan students excellent educational facilities, faculty and programs. Obtaining a degree from a U.S. college or university prepares you for a lifetime of learning and can create opportunities in a wide range of professions in Taiwan. The most remarkable feature of the American education system is its diversity, allowing students to choose from a wide range of educational options, from large public and private universities to community colleges, vocational and technical schools.
U.S. boarding schools provide superb academic support and preparation for international students that want to attend U.S. colleges. Some of the features of U.S. boarding schools that attract Taiwan students and parents include their unique residential campus environment and their heightened interaction between teachers and students.
The goal is not to find the “best” U.S. school, but to find the school that “best” fits you. This fall, Taiwan students will have plenty of opportunities to meet with representatives from over 100 U.S. schools, in person or virtually, at the following fairs:
- Organized by Hobsons and co-organized by AIT’s Commercial Section, the Hobsons’ Virtual Student Fair will take place on September 17, 2011, from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The virtual fair allows students to join online from anywhere and interact with U.S. school representatives. For more information, please visit http://tinyurl.com/3ny2u73 or watch the instructional video: http://youtube.com/hobsonsvsf
- Organized by OH! Study Education Centers and co-organized by AIT’s Commercial Section, the 2011 Fall OH! Study Education Fair will take place October 15 – 18, 2011, in Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung. For more information, please visit http://www.ohstudy.net
- Organized by the Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), and co-organized by AIT’s Commercial Section, the 2011 TABS Education Fair will take place on November 7, 2011, from 6:30 to 9:30 PM, at the Taipei Formosa Regent Hotel. For more information, please visit http://boardingschools.com/for-schools/marketing/asia-fairs.aspx
- Organized by the American International Education Foundation, the 2011 Fall AIEF Fair will take place September 24 – 27, 2011 in Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung. For more information, please visit http://www.aief.org.tw
- Organized by QS Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd., the Top MBA Tour will take place on November 10, 2011 at the Westin Hotel. For more information, please visit http://www.topmba.com/qs-world-mba-tour/asia/taipei
In addition to visiting the above fairs, Taiwan students and families interested in free, comprehensive and unbiased information about U.S. schools are encouraged to visit the AIT’s official EducationUSA Advising Center located at the Foundation for Scholarly Exchange. Details on the center can be found at http://www.educationusa.org.tw/