The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) is conducting an annual routine verification of STEP enrollments. Please log in to your STEP account via https://step.state.gov/STEP/pages/common/SignIn.aspx to verify that your profile, phone numbers, email address, travel dates, and location in Taiwan are up-to-date. For answers to frequently asked questions or for technical assistance please see https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/FAQ.aspx.
If you are visiting or living in Taiwan and have not yet enrolled in STEP, we strongly encourage you to do so! It generally takes less than five minutes to sign up and you can do so via https://step.state.gov.
Benefits of Enrolling in STEP:
- Receive important information from AIT about safety conditions in Taiwan, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the AIT contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Stay Informed, Stay Connected, Stay Safe!
- Contact AIT Taipei Office, located at 100 Jinhu Road, Neihu Dist., Taipei City 11461. Phone: (02)2162-2000; Fax: (02) 2162-2239. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (02) 2162-2000. Email: TaipeiACS@state.gov Website
- Contact AIT Kaohsiung Office, located at No. 88, 5th floor, Chenggong 2nd Road, Qianzhen District, Kaohsiung City 80661. Phone: (07) 335-5006; Fax: (07)338-0551. Email: TaipeiACS@state.gov Website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Taiwan Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.