Equal Employment Opportunity
The American Institute in Taiwan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
Tips for Preparing AIT Job Applications
- Employment Application for Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (Form DS-174) is the only job application form AIT accepts. Any other format of resume or curriculum vitae is not acceptable.
- Read instruction carefully before filling out the form. Make sure you complete all questions. Put “N/A” to the questions that do not apply to you.
- Provide complete and valid information about Work Experience. Insufficient information will not be considered for interview. You may use additional sheet of paper if needed.
- We accept the applicant’s self-certification English level on the DS-174 application for the initial qualifications review. Applications from qualified candidates will be forwarded to the hiring official for review. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be tested.
- Please complete DS-174 form in English unless the position you apply for requires Level II or below of English.
- Non-Taiwan citizen candidates must provide a copy of Alliance Residence Certificate issued by Taiwan authority. AIT does not sponsor work visa/permit.
C. Cover Letter
- Encouraged but not required.
- Please do not send us your autobiography.