The Commercial Service (CS) Kaohsiung Office offers a broad range of services and events to promote U.S. business interest in southern Taiwan which consists of 7 municipalities, including Chiayi City, Chiayi County, Tainan City, Kaohsiung City, Pingtung County, Taitung County and Penghu County. Kaohsiung has provincial-level administrative status, as does Taipei. The city of Kaohsiung, with a population of more than 2 million, is located on the southwestern coast of the island and is approximately 350 kilometers south of Taipei.
Information for U.S. Exporters
In the past year, our office has generated 9 market intelligence reports to help the current or future exporter make important business decisions. They can be downloaded at no charge at this site http://2016.export.gov/taiwan/marketresearch/index.asp
Services for U.S. Companies
CS Kaohsiung offers a range of services to American companies and creates platforms to promote their business. Most recently, CS Kaohsiung created a high-level trade mission to Tainan for renewable energy companies.
Plan and Assess – Develop your strategy, choose the best market, and evaluate potential overseas partners.
• Initial Market Check (IMC)-Determine your market potential! Our specialists can analyze your company’s potential through their connections with key players in southern Taiwan.
• International Company Profile(ICP)- Background check on potential partners. We can investigate the capabilities, legitimacy and financial strength of a potential overseas business partner gleaned from government, industry and financial contacts, the local press and other sources.
Promote and Expand – Increase your brand awareness and market exposure. Find and meet potential partners.
• International Partner Search (IPS) – Help American companies find qualified representatives in southern Taiwan
• Gold Key Service (GKS) – Arrange 3-6 meetings for American companies with potential agents, distributors or other partners in southern Taiwan
• Single Company Promotion(SCP)-Provide American company with a promotional event (such as a technical seminar, press conference, luncheon, dinner, cocktail reception, etc.) to help increase awareness of existing or new products/services in southern Taiwan
• International Buyers Program (IBP) – Promotes major U.S. trade exhibitions to Taiwan buyers.
• BuyUSA.gov (http://www.buyusa.gov/taiwan/) – An international electronic marketplace of the U.S. Commercial Service
Click here to see more information: Services for U.S. Companies
CS Kaohsiung also provides interested American companies with reports such as:
- Taiwan Commercial Guides (TCG) (PDF 894KB) – Information on Taiwan market conditions, best export prospects, financing, finding distributors, and legal and cultural issues
- Industry Sector Analyses (ISA) – offers market information on specific industries that can help determine market potential, market size and competitors for the U.S. products and services (Please refer to http://2016.export.gov/taiwan/)
- Water Technology Industry in Southern Taiwan (PDF 2.2MB)
The American Chamber of Commerce in Kaohsiung
The American Chamber of Commerce in Kaohsiung (AmCham Kaohsiung) is a membership based organization that serves as a representative body for U.S. and Taiwanese firms. It helps American companies integrate into the Southern Taiwan business community and allows firms in Taiwan to build better ties and associations with American firms. AmCham Kaohsiung continuously assists American companies wishing to do business in Taiwan.
The Chamber published a renowned annual White Paper and holds numerous commercial and social events in southern Taiwan.
For more information, please visit http://www.amchamkaohsiung.org/