You must appear in person to apply for your passport through an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Form DS-11(Online Form Filler): Please bring this completed, unsigned form to your appointment. The Consular Officer will ask you to sign this form during your appointment.
- A Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. You must have your SSN ready when completing the form.
If you do not have your SSN on hand or do not recall the number, click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN. Please do not schedule an appointment for passport application until you have contacted the Social Security Administration in Manila to confirm whether or not you have an SSN.
- Your most recent U.S. passport (page with your photo & signature): Original and 1 photocopy. You may be asked to make a photocopy of your passport if you do not bring one.
- One photograph (2 x 2 inch): Click here for more information on passport photo requirements. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- Growing photos: One photo for each year. If your appearance has changed significantly since your last passport was issued, please provide a series of family photos that show your age progression (one photo for each year);
- The non-refundable application fee. Click here for the schedule of fees. This fee may be paid by credit card or cash in U.S. dollars or the NTD equivalent. AIT strongly advises you to bring cash, as our system does not always accommodate credit card transactions. Note: We no longer accept the old version of U.S. dollar bills.(PDF 22MB)
- The processing time is 4 weeks. Your new and previous passport will be returned to you via courier for a fee of NT$190, pay on delivery.
- Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you during your appointment. AIT will not cancel valid visas remaining in the old passport.
- Applicants aged 16 and 17: A notarized letter of consent from one of the applicant’s parents may be requested if no parents are present during the appointment and if it appears that the parents are not aware of their child’s passport application.
- Click on the link to schedule an appointment.