Passport has expired more than five years
If you are applying to renew a U.S. passport that has expired more than 5 years, you must apply in person through an appointment.
The following items are required:
- Form DS-11(Online Form Filler): Please bring this completed, unsigned form to your appointment. The Consular Officer will ask you to sign this form during your appointment.
- A Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. You must have your SSN ready when completing the form.
If you do not have your SSN on hand or do not recall the number, click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN. Please do not schedule an appointment for passport application until you have contacted the Social Security Administration in Manila to confirm whether or not you have an SSN
- Your most recent U.S. passport (page with your photo and signature): Original and one photocopy. You may be asked to make a photocopy of your passport if you do not bring one.
- One photograph (2 x 2 inch): Click here for more information on passport photo requirements.
Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- Government issued photo I.D (such as U.S or Taiwan passport or foreign passport, driving license or military I.D).
- The non-refundable application fee. Please click here for the schedule of fees. We strongly advise you to bring cash, as our system does not always accommodate credit card transactions. Please Note: We no longer accept the old version of U.S. dollar bills. (PDF 22MB)
- The processing time is 4-6 weeks. Your new and previous passport will be returned to you via courier for a fee of NT$190, pay on delivery.
- Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you during your appointment. AIT will not cancel valid visas remaining in the old passport.