REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
(RFQ No: TPE200-23-Q-0021)
The American Institute in Taiwan (hereinafter refer to as “AIT”) has a requirement for purchasing one (1) new outdoor air conditioning unit with installation to replace an existing unit and welcomes qualified vendors to submit a quotation for competition. Interested bidders are required to attend the site visit and the award will go to the lowest priced, technically acceptable offer. All firms that respond to this solicitation must be technically qualified and financially responsible to perform the work.
If a firm is interested in bidding this solicitation, please contact AIT Procurement via e-mail during official business hours Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, before May 21, 2023 to schedule the site visit. Clarification to all questions submitted by June 2, 2023 (Taipei Time) will be provided by e-mail before C.O.B. June 7, 2023 (Taipei Time). Please note that quotation submission deadline is June 14, 2023, noon (Taipei time).
This RFQ will be awarded to the lowest priced, technically acceptable bid submitted by, responsible quoter(s). Please note that the award may be made without discussion. AIT reserves the right to reject quotations that are unreasonably low or high in price. AIT will determine acceptability by assessing the offeror’s compliance with the terms of the RFQ. AIT will determine responsibility by analyzing whether the apparent successful quoter complies with the requirements below. At a minimum, each offeror must meet the following requirements when submitting their price proposal:
- Be able to attend the site visit at AIT;
- Be able to offer and provide installation service for one (1) new Daikin VRV RXYQ12AYLT or equivalent model outdoor unit;
- Be an authorized Daikin dealer or distributor in Taiwan;
- Be able to provide the certificate as specified in Section E.;
- Be able to demonstrate prior experience with suitable references;
- Be able to provide tax-exempt price proposal as AIT is a non-profit organization.
- Be able to accept AIT’s payment terms. Payment will be via EFT within thirty (30) calendar days after the order and invoice are both received and accepted by AIT.
- Have an established business with a permanent address and telephone listing;
- Have good experience and past performance records (at least three years) in air conditioning industry;
- Have necessary personnel, equipment, and financial resources available to perform the work;
- Have all licenses and permits required by Taiwan law;
- Meet all Taiwan insurance requirements;
- Have no adverse criminal record;
- Have no political or business affiliation which could be considered contrary to the interests of AIT.
B. Site Visit Location
Date: May 26, 2023, at 10:00.
Address: No. 100, Jinhu Road, Neihu District, Taipei, Taiwan
C. Requirements and Specifications:
This price shall include all labor, supervision, safety measure, materials, tools, equipment, transportation, insurance, overhead, and profit. All prices are in New Taiwan Dollars (NTD).
Note 2: AIT is a non-profit organization and thereby tax-exempt. The price submittal and invoice should exclude the local 5% Value-added tax (VAT). AIT has a tax-exemption certificate from the Taiwan government.
D. Installation Requirements:
- Installation of new outdoor unit and the connection of power wiring, refrigerant piping and the control wiring to all indoor units.
- Provide material required for the unit installation; all construction shall follow existing site practice and code.
- Provide refrigerant piping pressure test and leak test before and after installation of new outdoor unit, including new and existing piping to existing indoor units.
- Provide complete system startup service and test report for new outdoor unit and existing indoor units; provide and follow Daikin installation manual for system startup.
- Installation and system test shall follow instruction and procedure of Daikin equipment installation manual; provide installation procedure and submit to AIT before installation and system startup.
- The technicians who conduct the equipment installation and testing must be qualified by Daikin training center.
The following service/items shall be provided:
F. AIT’s Point of Contact (POC)
- The Approving Official may designate in writing one (1) or more AIT employees, by name or position title, to take action on behalf of the Approving Official under this contract. Each designee shall be identified as AIT’s Point of Contact. Such designation(s) shall specify the scope and limitations of the authority so delegated, provided that the designee shall not change the terms or conditions of the contract.
The POC for this contract is Henry Chao, Mechanical/BAS Engineer.
G. The Contractor’s Project Manager
H. Insurance Requirements
The Contractor, at its own expense, shall provide and maintain whatever insurance is legally necessary. The Contractor shall procure and maintain during the entire period of performance under this contract the following minimum insurance:
Comprehensive General Liability (includes premises/operations, collapse hazard, products, completed operations, contractual, independent contractors, broad form property damage, personal injury):
- The foregoing types and amounts of insurance are the minimums required. The Contractor shall obtain any other types of insurance required by local law or that are ordinarily or customarily obtained in the location of the work. The limit of such insurance shall be as provided by law or sufficient to meet normal and customary claims.
- The Contractor agrees that AIT shall not be responsible for personal injuries or for damages to any property of the Contractor, its officers, agents, servants, and employees, or any other person, arising from and incident to the Contractor’s performance of this contract. The Contractor shall hold harmless and indemnify AIT from any and all claims arising therefrom, except in the instance of gross negligence on the part of AIT.
- The Contractor shall obtain adequate insurance for damage to, or theft of, materials and equipment in insurance coverage for loose transit to the site or in storage on or off the site.
- The general liability policy required of the Contractor shall name “American Institute in Taiwan” as an additional insured with respect to operations performed under this contract. AIT employees are covered as the third parties.
- The Contractor shall provide evidence of the required insurance under this contract within ten (10) business days after contract award.