AIT cannot store prohibited items for you
The American Institute in Taiwan cannot store prohibited items for you. You will not be allowed to enter AIT with prohibited items. All visitors must make other arrangements to store prohibited items before entering AIT. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in significant delays or cancellation of your appointment.
Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) are not allowed inside the Consular waiting room and are required to store them at the security check. PEDs include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile phones
- Portable music players
- Smart watches and other electronic fitness devices
- Hand held video game players
- Bluetooth devices
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the American Institute in Taiwan.
Access to the Consular Section waiting area is limited to the following:
- Parents or legal guardians of applicants under 18 years old.
- Aides of disabled or elderly applicants.
In accordance with new security regulations, the following items are prohibited inside the American Institute in Taiwan:
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Laptops or larger electrical/electronic devices
- Cameras or video recorders
- Remote controls
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Any bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather bags, cloth bags, or shoulder bags larger than 18″x14″x8″
- Food items including bottled water (*baby formula/food may be excepted)
- Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes), cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sealed packages
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
Additional Information for Visitors Visiting AIT Kaohsiung Office
IMPORTANT NOTICE WHEN ENTERING CHINA STEEL CORPORATION (CSC) BUILDING
Please note that our office is located on the 5th Floor of the China Steel Building. You are not allowed to access other floors during your visit. Applicants who attempt to access any other floors may be asked to leave the building.