Farmcraft 2023 is an online, educational program that uses Minecraft to enhance students’ understanding of challenges faced by global agricultural producers and distributors. The program is designed for students between 8 to 18 years old, but is open to all ages. Farmcraft® 2023 focuses on food trade and food security, and aims at answering the question: “What happens to food once it leaves the farm?” Participants will learn about the choices that farmers must make before planting their crops, such as which crops to grow, who will eat the crops, where the crops will be sent, and how to deliver those crops.
All registered participants receive a free license for Minecraft: Education Edition, which can be used throughout the duration of the program. Anyone 8 years of age or older can register for the program.
Participants can register at this link: https://www.nasef.org/farmcraft.
Farmcraft 2023 is divided into three main components: a pre-season that starts on February 9, 2023, the regular season starting March 16, 2023, and an awards show to be held on April 27, 2023.
Competition Eligibility | Who Can Enter NASEF (The North America Scholastic Esports Federation) Farmcraft® 2023?
To be eligible for Farmcraft 2023, all team members must meet the basic requirements:
· Complete registration at the NASEF website. The registration form must be completed by an Adult Sponsor (educator, parent or guardian). The Adult Sponsor will be responsible for their team(s).
· Each team member must be between 8-18 years old at the time of registration for the Junior and Senior Divisions. For the All Ages Division, participants ages 8 years old and above are permitted, including adults with children.
· Teams must have a minimum of one member and no more than four members. Teams with less than two members are not eligible to compete based on the requirements of Farmcraft® 2023.
· Each team member must reside in the same country to register and compete together.
· Each team member must read and agree to the Team Guide.
· Each team member must have parental approval in order to be eligible to compete for their team.
· Upon the start of Regular Season, a player may only be on one team.
For more information, including training opportunities, please fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/g/PjdbPRWb7D