PR-1047E | Date: 7/6/2010
Effective July 13, 2010, a number of fees for American Citizen Services will increase. This increase is to ensure sufficient resources to cover the increasing cost of providing consular services.
The following fee increases will take effect on July 13, 2010:
- The total charge for a first-time passport book for an adult, including the application fee, security surcharge and execution fee, will increase from $100 to $135;
- The total charge for an adult passport book renewal, including the application fee and security surcharge, will increase from $75 to $110;
- The total charge for a minor passport book (under age 16), including the application fee, security surcharge and execution fee, will increase from $85 to $105;
- A new fee of US$82 will be collected for additional passport pages;
- The fee for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad will increase from US$65 to US$100;
- A new fee of US$450 will be collected for documentation of formal renunciation of U.S. citizenship;
- Notarial and authentication services, which now range from US$20 to US$30, will all be increased to US$50; and
- The application fee for passport cards will increase from US$20 to US$30 for adults, and from US$10 to US$15 for minors.
In addition, fees will increase for processing letters rogatory, taking depositions and executing commissions to take testimony, and for making arrangements for a deceased non-U.S. citizen. The procedure for paying American Citizen Services fees will not change. Please note that applications for services sent by mail to AIT before July 13, 2010, but received and processed at AIT on or after July 13, 2010, will be subject to the increased fees as stated above.