Please note: All individuals over the age of two coming to AIT for consular services are required to wear protective masks. You will not be allowed entry without a mask.
Taiwan has implemented temporary measures to counter the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. In accordance with Taiwan regulations, any individual who is subject to quarantine will not be allowed to enter AIT. Please schedule appointments accordingly. For the latest updates on Taiwan’s quarantine requirements, please monitor the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control website and the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Please also reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Notarial Services for all Nationalities
Each notarial service is by appointment only. Each appointment can accommodate up to six documents. If you are requesting notarial services for seven documents, you need to book two appointments. If you need to book more than one appointment on the same day, please add the number “2” after your first name so the system will recognize it as a separate appointment. (If your first appointment is for “Eric”, your second appointment should be “Eric 2”.) The additional appointments may not be the same time slot but must be on the same day.
You will not be admitted more than 10 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment. If you miss your appointment (date or time) you must book a new appointment.
Please take the time to read the following useful tips for those using the service.
- Information about security regulations can be found here.
- The fee is charged per notary seal. Each notary seal is USD $50. Please Note: We no longer accept the old version of U.S. dollar bills (PDF 22MB).
- Be sure to bring your valid passport or valid government issued photo I.D. in English, along with the document(s) you would like notarize.
- Your name in your photo I.D. must match the name on the document(s). (For example, we cannot notarize the signature “Jane Chen” if Ms. Chen can only present identification with the name “Chen Mei-Li”.)
- It can take about 90 minutes for the notarial process, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Please read your document(s) carefully before coming to AIT. If two people or more need to sign the same document, or if a witness is required, fill in the names of all signatories in your documents in advance.
- Personal appearance is required for all signatories.
- You must understand the contents of your documents. We are not allowed to explain the contents to you.
- When you have booked an appointment online, write down the appointment I.D. and password. You will need these if you wish to cancel or change your appointment. Do not worry if you cannot print the confirmation page; it is not required to enter AIT. The guards will have a list of people with appointments and will simply ask for your photo ID.
- DO NOT sign the documents in advance.