All services requiring a personal appearance in Taipei and Kaohsiung are by appointment only. Appointments must be made online. Do not worry if you cannot print the confirmation page: it is not required to enter AIT. The guards will have a list of people with appointments and will simply ask for your photo ID.
One appointment can accommodate 2 applications. If you are submitting passport applications for 3 applicants, please schedule 2 appointments.
Apply for a Passport
- Adult Passports -10-year Passports
- Minor Passports – 5-Year Passport
- Apply My First 10 year Passport – I am 16 years old and above
- My passport has expired more than five years
- Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
- Apply for My First U.S. Passport – I just obtained my U.S. Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship
Exchange Limited Validity Passport for Full Validity
- We strongly advise all customers to bring cash, as our system does not always accommodate credit card transactions.
- Cosmetic contact lenses that make the iris appear larger or smaller are not acceptable in passport photos.
- Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee increased from USD 25 to USD 35.
- Effective November 1, 2016, eye glasses are no longer allowed in passport photos.
- Effective October 1, 2016, a Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. Click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN.
- Effective January 1, 2016, the Department of State no longer offers the option of adding visa pages to U.S. passports. If you need more pages, you are required to renew your passport.
Social Security Number for Passport Applicants
Effective October 1, 2016, a Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. It is NOT enough to simply write 000-00-0000 because you do not know it or because you are certain that you do not have one. This new regulation requires you to contact SSA Manila and ask them to send us an official report, either telling us what your number is or confirming that you do not have one.
If you have one, we will happily share it with you for your records, but this must happen in person once you have showed a photo ID. If you do not have one, we can explain to you how to apply for one once you have received your new passport.
Click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN.
We recommend that you renew your passport at least 6 months before it expires. Many countries in the region do not allow you to enter unless your passport is valid for more than 6 months. Country Specific Information on Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S. Citizens is available on travel.state.gov.
The processing time is approximately three weeks. We cannot expedite full-validity passports as this is the minimum time required to transmit the application to the U.S., produce the passport, and send it back to us by express mail.
The status of your application should be available online 7-10 days after the application is complete. To check the status, please click here.
If you are applying for a US passport for the first time for a baby or child born outside the US, follow the instructions for reporting “Birth of a U.S. Citizen Abroad”.
Please note: You received a confirmation at the time of you reserved your appointment. AIT does NOT have the resources to confirm appointments. We look forward to serving you at your scheduled appointment.