You must appear in person to apply for your passport through an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Form DS-11(Online Form Filler): Please bring this completed, unsigned form to your appointment. The Consular Officer will ask you to sign this form during your appointment.
- A Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. You must have your SSN ready when completing the form.
If you do not have your SSN on hand or do not recall the number, click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN. Please do not schedule an appointment for passport application until you have contacted the Social Security Administration in Manila to confirm whether or not you have an SSN.
- Your Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship: Original.
- The passport you entered Taiwan with: Original and one photocopy.
- One photograph (2 x 2 inch): Click here for more information on passport photo requirements. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- Written statement: Explaining the reasons for not having applied for a U.S. passport before leaving the U.S.
- The non-refundable USD $145 application fee. This fee may be paid by credit card or cash in U.S. dollars or the NTD equivalent. We strongly advise you to bring cash, as our system does not always accommodate credit card transactions. Please Note: We no longer accept the old version of the U.S. dollar bills.(PDF 22MB)
- The processing time is 3 – 4 weeks. Your new and previous passport will be returned to you via courier for a fee of NT$190, pay on delivery.