You may include an “also known as” name in your passport. You must appear in person to apply for your passport.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Form DS-11 (Online form filler and PDF 101.39KB): Please bring this completed, unsigned form to your appointment. Fill in your “also known as” name along with your current name on the form. The Consular Officer will ask you to sign this form during your appointment.
- A Social Security Number (SSN) is required for all passport applications. You must have your SSN ready when completing the form. If you do not have your SSN on hand or do not recall the number, click here to learn more about obtaining your SSN.
If you have never applied for an SSN, you still need to contact the Social Security Administration Office in Manila to obtain a confirmation email that an SSN was never issued to you. Please do not schedule an appointment for passport renewal until you have contacted the Social Security Administration in Manila to confirm whether or not you have an SSN.
- One photograph (2 x 2 inch / 5 x 5 cm): Click here for more information on passport photo requirements.
- Your most recent U.S. passport: original and 1 photocopy of the page with your photo and signature
- Written statement: Requesting of inclusion of a “also known as” name in your passport. Please sign and date the statement. If the applicant is under the age of 18, the parents will sign the statement on behalf of their child.
- One valid government issued photo ID in your name and your “also known as” name.
- Two notarized affidavits executed by individuals attesting that they know you by both names.
- Two public documents issued in your “also known as” name. At least one of these documents must show current use of your “also known as” name and one of the documents must include your date of birth or SSN. Acceptable public documents include but are not limited to the following:
- Driver’s license
- Non-driver state issued ID
- Employment records
- Tax records
- School records
- Census records
- Hospital birth record
- Baptismal certificate
- Medical card/records
- Foreign passport
- Military records
- Taiwan household registration record (English version)
- Schedule an appointment: You are required to appear in person to submit your application through a pre-arranged appointment.