Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA): If you plan to submit applications for a CRBA for more than one child, you must book one appointment per child. (Two children = two appointments.)
Notarial Services: If you are requesting more than six notarial services on the same day, you will need to book an additional appointment time. (Six documents or less = one appointment. Seven documents or more = two appointments.)
Passport Applications: If you are submitting passport applications for more than two family members on the same day, you will need to book an additional appointment time. (One or two passport applications = one appointment. Three or more passport applications = two appointments.)
If you need to book more than one appointment on the same day, please add the number “2” after your first name so the system will recognize it as a separate appointment. (If your first appointment is for “Eric”, your second appointment should be “Eric 2”.)
Federal Benefits: There is not a Social Security Administration representative in Taiwan.
Others: Other services not listed above.
When scheduling your appointment, please try to print the “Appointment Details” page which you will need to check in at our office window 1. If you could not print out the confirmation page, please bring your valid photo ID on the date of appointment and we will still assist you.
Canceling or Rescheduling Appointments:
If you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you will need to enter the Unique Identification (UID) number and password found on the “Appointment Details” page.
We have a full schedule of appointments every day and usually a number of emergency cases. We regret we are unable to accommodate late arrivals. If you miss your appointment (date or time) you must book a new appointment.
You should arrive at AIT five minutes before your scheduled appointment to pass through security.
Changing tables are available in the women’s and men’s room on the first floor. A private room is usually available for nursing.
In accordance with new security regulations, applicants or visitors are NOT allowed to enter the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) while carrying any of the following items:
- Laptops or larger electrical/electronic devices
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- Food and liquid items
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is NO facility at the AIT to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Small personal electronic devices (PEDs) into the AIT Consular Section waiting area will be permitted only when all the following requirements are met:
- Small PEDs must undergo all of the procedural security requirements at the entrance.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions must be disabled while in the consular waiting area
- Use of PEDs for audio or video recording and photography are prohibited.
- Use of PEDs for making or answering phone calls in the inner interview waiting rooms or near any interview windows are prohibited.
- Small PEDs include cellphones, smart phones, iPods and MP3 players, iPads and other tablet devices, handheld gaming devices, smartwatches, and wearable electronic fitness devices.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the AIT.