PR-1630E | Date: 06/06/2016
The Agricultural Trade Office (ATO) of the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) welcomes Taiwan agricultural and food service buyers to visit the USA Pavilion at the 2016 Taipei International Food Show (TIFS) from June 22 – 25 at the Nangang Exhibition Hall (Address: M1024, No.1, Jingmao 2nd Rd., Nangang District, Taipei City).
This year over 20 U.S. exhibitors will showcase a wide variety of U.S. food and beverage products at the USA Pavilion with an emphasis on healthier food options. Recent trends indicate consumers are searching for a more balanced diet, and food service buyers will have the opportunity to search countless options at the USA Pavilion. Joining the Pavilion are experts from numerous U.S. agricultural associations, including: the California Milk Advisory Board, the Ginseng Board of Wisconsin, the Idaho Potato Commission, the U.S. Grains Council, the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council, the U.S. Meat Export Federation, and the U.S. Soybean Export Association.
2016 also marks the 100th year anniversary since the first commercial crop of U.S. highbush blueberries traveled from farm to table. In the past, people didn’t think blueberries could be domesticated so it took years for a New Jersey farmer, Elizabeth White, and USDA Botanist Frederick Coville, to bring the first highbush blueberries to market in 1916. Today, the U.S. blueberry crop exceeds 246 million kg annually, reaching US $1 billion in value. Throughout the show, the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council will share ideas with Taiwan industry professionals about the many uses of blueberries as well as the nutritional benefits.
Other U.S. Pavilion Activities are listed below:
- Seminar: California Dairy Product Introduction and Menu Trends
- Host: California Milk Advisory Board (CMAB)
- Presenter: CMAB’s Culinary Consultant Chef Mark Todd
- Date: June 22, 2-4 pm
- Location: RAKU Kitchen, 3F, Nangang Exhibition Hall
- Advanced registration is required. To register, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentation: Wisconsin Ginseng’s Daily Applications
- Host: Ginseng Board of Wisconsin
- Presenter: Chinese Pharmacist Chen, Tsao-Tzong
- Date: June 22 & 24, 2 pm
- Location: M1120 at USA Pavilion
- Registration is not required.